Sunday, 2 December 2012

Blog Entry
Nov 18, '09 8:51 PM
for everyone

i’d rather look away
when you stare into my eyes
for I might swim
to the depths
of a vast ocean
and drown,
and you would not be there
to drag me to shore.
i’d rather feign ignorance
of the beating of my heart
deaf to the humming of love
growing each day
for i might shout to the world
that my heart is in your hands,
then see it broken to pieces,
like shards of glass
which i still step on sometimes.
i’d rather be blind
to your sweetness and uniqueness
that leave me breathless
for I might not contain
your fullness in my soul.
I might embrace you tight
only to feel you
struggling to be free,
walking away.
i’d rather be a star
you say you want to reach
than be a meteor
zooming past,
shooting down,
in a blink of an eye -
forgotten.
i’d rather that you and I go on
in our separate galaxies
remembering the best,
the best of us,
and nothing else.
The embers burn
even as my tropical seasons
and your winter and autumn
have shown
that I was right all along
when I told you
all my being quivering,
that i’d rather.

No comments:

Post a Comment